Monday, October 24, 2011

Fall Activity...

It's been almost a month since I last posted!  I guess that's because there's just not much going on when the resort is closed!  We closed Oct. 1st, but I had some quilting friends come out for 4 days the following week and stay in the duplex...and we all sewed our fool heads off!  We usually do a group project each year, but this year we didn't know who would be able to come and how long anyone could stay, so we all agreed to work on our own projects...quilters always have unfinished projects!
These are some of our "works in progress".  It's amazing how much sewing we get done when we lock ourselves in a cabin for 4 days!  Looks like I have the largest finished project, but really, these ladies sew me under the table most of the time!  My blocks in this quilt were sewn 3 years ago and I've been working a little each winter to finish the project.  Now I can see an end to it...so, of course, we all decided to do a group project together for the next year!  Jackie had a great idea for everyone to create a center block...and each month one of us suggests a type of border to add...until we see each other's finished "quilt" in the fall of 2012.  Maybe this time I will get the project completed??

We have enjoyed the most beautiful fall weather you can imagine!  Up north, we don't take good weather for granted!  We savor it!  We know winter is just around the corner and it lasts a long time, so fall is always our most favorite time of year...we just wish it lasted as long as winter does!

We watch this tree on our road turn the most beautiful fall colors every year...it's one of the first trees to show it's colors.  And therefore, one of the first to lose it's leaves too! 

We took a much-needed getaway to Hayward WI last week.  We stayed at a resort for 3 days and enjoyed the fall colors...did alot of this...


and this....


And I couldn't get enough of these stands of birch trees...one of my favorite things about Wisconsin...



We stayed in this cabin....


somewhat primitive...made us appreciate our own resort!  But we loved this...

and have decided to add this to a couple of cabins this fall...for the 2012 season!

Here's some other things we've been up to this fall...winter is fast approaching! 

Steve's woodpile...waiting to be split and hauled closer to the house for winter heat!



Monica and Jill watching Beauty and the Beast in their jammies...


Two little girls going for a walk in the woods with Papa...


An event that occurred several times over the weekend!


Nate & Jill & Calvin walking on the Elfun trail this fall...


Sam showing his deer stand to Lu & Ben...memories...


Jill talking to Mommy...
We had Jillian for 8 days while her parents took Nate & Cal to Disney...with other Grandma & Grandpa and family...I think we had as much fun as they all did! 

I hope you all have had a wonderful fall season...our leaves are down, raking will wait til spring....wood is being hauled into the house for the fireplace in anticipation of the cooler weather coming.  Snow predicted tomorrow night...bah humbug!

We have turned off the water to all the cabins, blown out the lines, bedding is all washed & bagged for next spring, our lists are made for new ideas for next year....do you have your reservation for 2012??  If not, go HERE and click on availability to see what we have open for next year.  We had such a great 2011 season and we look forward to a relaxing winter and a busy season in 2012!
Come join us!


1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I was thinking of you a lot this week because we are usually up north in October but didn't make it this year & I was thinking of you guys all snug in your cabins!

    What a fun treat to have you & your friends sewing like crazy!!! I LOVE your quilt! WOW!! I fight with my sewing machine so & I am not good with hand sewing so I TOTALLY admire you & your magic!! My mom is a master handquilter so I know how much time & love goes into each stitch...Beautiful Work!!! & I mean it!!!

    Glad you girls had so muchh fun together...I imagine there was a lot of laughter! Keep warm!!!

    ReplyDelete