Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Organization is my Passion!

      Our resort season is winding down...we will have a full camp this weekend, then it gets pretty quiet.  The peace & quiet of fall will be interrupted by construction being done to cabins #6 & #7.  Those cabins are getting their roofs raised and they will be 2 story cabins in 2011!  I will post progress pictures as the work gets going...our trusty carpenter says he'll be here this week or next...we really like him so we wait for him to come....
      My subject today is not the resort...it's my bedroom!  I have discovered a great way to organize my earrings and necklaces on my dresser.  I can easily see all my earrings and it's so fast to find the pair I want, along with a favorite necklace...I saw a similar idea on another blog, but fine-tuned the project to meet my needs.
      First, you go to Walmart or any craft store and find these....
I got mine in a 4 pack for $2 at Walmart.  I bought 3 4-packs and proceeded to sort my earrings and fill the containers like this...
The containers are small...about 2 1/2 inches wide and each container screws into each other.
I can easily see what I want and get it out to wear...

Then, I bought these...


These 3M hooks are brilliant!  They're very small and if you've ever used 3M hooks, you know how easy they are to use.  I attached 3-4 of these hooks to the top flat part of my shelf that I hung on the wall by my dresser...I can stack all my earring bins on the shelf and hang my necklaces where I can see them.
And here's the finished project....
Don't you just love blogs that share their favorite ideas??
The resort news will come in time...I just had to share this with all my readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment