Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Granola Recipe

       I found this awesome recipe for granola, but it was just too many calories!  So....I tweaked it...made it...tweaked it again...and now have this recipe that is to die for!  Give it a try...

HOMEMADE GRANOLA

5 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup coconut
1/4 cup canola oil
1 can fat-free sweetened condensed milk

Mix all ingredients together & spread on greased baking sheet.
Bake at 300* for 45-55 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
Mixture will bake to a dark brown crisp.
Cool completely; store in airtight container
1/4 cup = 100 calories

If you double the recipe, you can use the large canister of oatmeal...it works!

Here's the ingredients.....I have left out the wheat germ in the revised recipe...above!

After baking to a crispy browned color...


I usually make a double batch at a time...my girls really like this stuff!


This one's in my cupboard right now...come quick!
It is the best for breakfast with almond milk....or as a late-night snack!




2 comments:

  1. Wait..now that you know I have the directions on how to make my favorite granola...does this mean I am expected to make it myself? tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to make granola! I'l have to do that next week! I'll let you know if I pull it off ;) My cooking is either really good or really bad!

    ReplyDelete