Sunday, June 27, 2010

Little Girl's Bows & Lilliputians

      Well, I always like to spark your interest with a quirky title...did I?  The little girl is Jillian...and I think because she is a little girl born after 2 little boys...she has just a few hair accessories that her brothers were not able to wear.  Actually, we have 3 little girls who all have 2 older brothers...and each one of these little girls have a wardrobe of ribbons, bows, flowers and feathers bought to adorn their cute little heads!  Jillian's mommy is my only girl, but...she was born first and then had 3 little brothers, so....I didn't know she'd be my only girl and I just didn't go crazy enough to dress her in pink everyday with accessories to match.  Sorry Jen!  I think she's making up for it now with her own little girl to dress and coordinate. 
      She doesn't have a blog...I tell her everyday that she should because her children would make her blog come alive with very little imagination.  She says she's busy...I know she is...but she's still creative, so I have to feature her latest creation for Jillian's room.  She bought a fabric board at Kohl's...one you would hang on the wall and put photos on with ribbons to hold the photos...but she found a brand new use for it...and of course, being her Mother, I think she's a genius!  See for yourself...
Okay, I already told you this little girlie has accessories, but really!!!
Isn't it just the greatest idea to display all those fancy bows & barrettes?

Now...about the lilliputians...well, in case you don't know, that's what the little people were called in "Gulliver's Travels".  I don't know why I know that...it's just useless information that I have stored in my brain.  Anyway, whatever you call them, we have a forest at our resort with a wonderful nature trail that is home every summer to families of elves, gnomes, tree faces and even some critters who find their way into the woods and onto the trail. 
In the spring each year before the guests arrive, I trek into the woods and find homes for all the elves and then provide a map of sorts for the kids to hike through the trail and find all the "hidden" little people.  A little bug spray is needed once in awhile to ward off the mosquitoes, but the adventure begins with the kids finding their way through the trail and ends with them running into the lodge to tell me they found all the elves.  It's a great way to get the kids...and big kids too...into the woods to see the beautiful flowers, ferns and even a few live critters scurrying through the woods.  Here's a sampling of what you might find...

Snoozing under a mushroom...

Their own lake cabin in the woods...

Swinging in the woods... and....

a really cute little guy in the woods looking for the elves...
Don't you wanna come help him??

No comments:

Post a Comment